Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Get mark . . . get set . . . go!

Two ladies that I work with decided to race in a trianthlon next year and somehow they convinced me to do it too. I don't know what I'm thinking I haven't been swimming for at least 8 years and I haven't been a a bike for longer than that and here I am getting ready for a race that has me swimming for about 700 meters, then biking for 6 miles, and running for 3 miles after that. No kidding I am going to die! . . . but I'm excited. Heaven know that I need to lose the weight so the training alone will be worth the effort. And trust me it's only been a week into the training and already my body is screaming at me, so we'll see if I can make it. I really want to do this though, it's nice to have a goal for myself to focus on. It would be an amazing accomplishment to add to my already amazing life. . . and it's something that Aaron never would have expect me to do or think that I could do. Don't get me wrong this is my goal and it's not about him but it's nice to think that I am not the person he judged me to be. He judged me as an inactive, nonadventurous type and that hindered me from doing new things or growing as a person. So it's nice to be free to try new things and expain my horizon . . . even if it kills me, but then don't they say that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Perhaps they didn't train and run in a trianthlon. :) All the same here we go, wish me luck.

2 comments:

WonderKitty said...

A triathalon?! That is amazing! I could never do that. I wish you luck!

Heidi & Derek said...

how's the tri training? how are you? update your blog you wheesh bag. post some pics! love you!