Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My life in a nutshell

Many of you have been harboring me about updating updating my blog and adding pictures but here's the thing my life is not that interesting. Honestly nothing exciting is going on right now, if fact it's enough that I am making it from one bad day to the other right now. I'm not trying to be negative it's just that right now things aren't going well. For example: I recently found out that my ex is now engaged to another and I haven't been on a date in 4 months, I got a D on one of my art history papers which was a first for me in all my schooling and the real highlight this week is I got sick. But even on the good weeks when things are normal my life is consumed by working fulltime and going to school. It seems like I don't have time for anything exciting to report, however there are those "little things" in my life that can sometimes be overlooked in the overhanging clouds of gloom that seem to pull me down. Like the new pez dispenser of tinkerbell that my mom bought me for christmas that I saw it at the house so she gave it to me early, this little toy makes me smile and remember the good times. Or there's the flowers that my dad bought me after he heard about Aaron's proposal to let me know that I was still beautiful and loved by someone. Then there's the sunset that I saw after my dad gave me a blessing because I was sick. This was the greatest of all! I know God is with me and is aware of my pain, however it's hard to feel these days so it's in these "little things" that I can find Him and gain the hope that I am lacking. So forgive me friends for not having any up dates, fun stories or exciting pictures but betters days are coming. . . or at least they better be.

4 comments:

WonderKitty said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes Sami! It made me feel so good! I know that better days area ahead. Its always darkest before the dawn.

minisuperbias said...

Sami, I love you. I wish I had some advice or something better to say, but I do hope you know how much I love and adore you.

Talina said...

Sami, you are beautiful and lots of people love you. It'll get better, you just need to go make it better.

Vivian said...

All we mean by updates is that you tell us the funny little stories, like the Pez Despenser... I want to see it! Sometimes blogs are way too peppy, bad days happen, and talking about it helps us get past them, but then we need to remember that God wants us to be happy and sends happy moments (like this morning I got to eat brownies for breakfast!) and we want you to share those too.