Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Death by Italian

I've decided that my italian class this semester may be the actual death of me this time. I have a new professoressa who is more strict about the compiti e esame (homework and tests). I don't think that I am failing but I am pretty sure that I am not getting that B range grade that I have been able to pull off these past two years. Two years of this language and I am still struggling. . . ma va va (oh come on!) I met some return missionaries at my cousin homecoming this week who just returned from their missions in Italy. It was fun to talk in Italian with them, what little I could understand and speak, but it made me think that maybe I shouldn't have prayed so hard to be an english speaking missionary cause I could really use the gift of tongues right now. Especially when I found out that I have to have a B grade for grad school. Here I am a senior and ready to take the passing C grade just to be done with it when I find out about the grad school thing . . . again I say ma va va.

But don't worry I'm not going to die without a fight. I'll give it all I've got and then some. So wish me luck or at least say a prayer for me. Perche io bisogno di lo. (Because I need it.)

3 comments:

Vivian said...

You aren't very convincing with claiming not to know the language when you keep throwing it into the post like it's nothing. That is, unless you looked them up to put them in...

Good Luck with the grade!!

WonderKitty said...

You can do it!! I love to hear Italian, but I, of course, cannot speak a word of it! So you are leaps and bounds ahead of me. Good luck!

Heidi & Derek said...

Your Italian sounds great! Unless it's like my spanish where I know short key phrases, but if someone talks back, I can only say "Se" (if that's even the right spelling)! I will pray for you though. We need to get together soon! Let me know when is good for you!

Love, Your favorite Comp